Losing Weight with Hypnotherapy
What’s the problem?
How many times have you been determined to lose weight and made a vow or promise to yourself that 'that's it. from now the diet begins'. At the time you meant it, really meant it. with all your heart. The result?
- You did lose weight and perhaps even reached your goal, and then? Well the diet’s done and the weight just comes back; or
- More commonly we can only diet for a few short days, perhaps a week, and then it all falls apart.
When this happens we often blame ourselves and can end up disliking ourselves. We then have two problems - we feel overweight and weak-willed.
Part of the problem is where the weight gain/maintenance drive comes from - your deep past. If you look back through the thousands of years of human history, you uncover millions upon millions of deaths from starvation. For example, during The Great Famine in Ireland between 1845-1852 one million people starved to death. Throughout history, however, almost no-one died from overeating. The result of this is that your body is working against you - it’s not `lack of will`, it’s just a powerful genetic system pushing back against you. That’s why it’s so hard to just keep powering on.
Does hypnotherapy work?
Pauline Care Worker and Mum
"When I first saw Stephen, I was desperate, I just couldn’t lose weight and keep it off, but after seeing him and following all of his advice I am about to finally go below 12 stone and that’s the lightest I have been in many a year.”
Stephen, 54, Dad and Retired Police Officer
"I have dieted for years and lost and gained weight but have been unable to maintain my weight loss. In the last 25 years I just kept losing and regaining in a depressing cycle – since May 2015, I’ve used Steve’s hypnosis and I am now the exact weight for my height 12st 8lb on a 5` 11” frame, and I have maintained that weight for longer than I ever have before.”
Now if you’re paying attention you will realise that the last endorsement is ME! That’s right `physician heal thyself` (an old proverb that means before attempting to correct others, make sure that you follow your own advice). I would be a very poor advert for hypnosis and weight loss/maintenance if I couldn't make it work for me. You will see when you meet me that at mid 50s, I’m lean and muscular (by my age 83% of men are overweight) and I maintain motivation with self-hypnosis. If you wish to obtain similar results, then CONTACT ME.
What can I do?
I am a psychologist who has spent 15 years studying hundreds of scientific papers and books on how the mind works. I have also trained as a hypnotherapist in order to help deliver solutions to treat psychological issues. My method of treatment consists of the following steps:
- I will carry out a detailed `history take` in which I will ask you a series of pertinent questions to try and discover who you are and exactly what your problem means to you. Together we will explore how you personally see the world, your beliefs and how your mind operates.
- I will then explain to you exactly what your mind is doing in relation to your particular problem and give you a new grasp on the problem that you face. I will show you how to have a different 'mindful' relationship with food. Effectively you need to learn how to eat again.
- Once this is done, I will use my knowledge of psychology to craft a `hypnotic script` that, in exactly the same way as a pair of handmade shoes glide onto the feet they are made for, glides into your mind and is accepted by you as a new mental reality.
- I will then use this `hypnotic script` to guide you through hypnosis and other mental exercises that will allow you to deal with this complex problem.
- I will provide you with an audio download for you to use alongside our treatment sessions so that you can experience your personal script again and again, reinforcing the lesson.
Does this treatment have a cost?
Yes, but compared to what? The cost of doing nothing?
Obesity can cause chronic illness and knock years off your life. Putting your well-being aside and doing nothing may cost you £1,000s, maybe even £10,000s, in lost income due maybe to long-term sickness absence, not pursuing opportunities for promotion or not being able to reap the full benefits of your pension due to a shortened retirement. There is also the unquantifiable day-to-day impact of your condition on you and also perhaps your loved ones.
If you want to hear more, please watch the video explanation of hypnotherapy. If after watching the video you feel happy, then send me an email or phone me to book an appointment. An initial assessment can then be made by both of us to see if we can work together.